Proposed structure and volunteer roles
Alumni hub lead
· Chair two of the annual Hub Committee meetings.
· Manage the WhatsApp group for the Volunteers’ Committee.
· Perform the formalities at events (welcoming and expression of thanks).
· Act as main liaison between alumni and the Alumni Participation team.
· Compile an annual hub newsletter.
· Create regular online content.
· Prompting our newshounds about stories from alumni in your region to follow up.
Host two SWAN events per year (in March and August) that create a space for alumnae to network, share knowledge and support one another’s career development.
Young Alumni Programme
· Organise one welcoming event for young alumni each year as our graduates join the world of work and move into your area.
· Facilitate gatherings for smaller groups throughout the year.
Annual networking/social/career development
· Organise one alumni event that is focused on career networks.
· Drive an online career opportunities and business directory for the northern suburbs in collaboration with the SU Hub Coordinators.
· Facilitate annual career opportunities offered by and for alumni.
Focus points for hub programmes
· career networking
· knowledge sharing
· fundraising to support students
· business directory
· opportunities for graduates and fellow alumni
· social gatherings
· engagement of women and young alumni
· communication with alumni
Events hosted by hubs in the past three years
· land reform debates with input from experts from SU
· wine tasting
· book launches
· small-group dinners
· vaccine talks with SU academics
· golf days
· hiking and cycling groups
· book clubs
· tax advice for expats
· discussions on the SA economy during Covid
· SWAN breakfast
· musical table networking event
· film screenings
· relevant museum or gallery tours to support creative Maties and celebrate their successes
· concerts and similar events
Social media platforms
· MatiesConnect, our alumni-to-alumni platform: www.matiesconnect.com
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stellenboschalumni/
· LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/school/8047/
· Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/matiesalumni/
For more details, refer to the 2021 Alumni Calendar.