Development & alumni role
DAR’s mission, broadly, is to facilitate the interaction with fundraising networks to further partnerships, and resources that will help maintain and improve the University’s leadership position in Higher Education, both nationally and at a global level.
More particularly, we aim to:
Establish a professional, respected campus and community profile amongst donors and potential donors, Build and enable a proficient and efficient team (within DAR and across faculties) to secure, manage, and steward support, Achieve certain institutional goals in terms of fundraising, and Achieve an engaged SU Alumni (so-called “friend-raising”).
We do this by:
- Providing coordinated support for all philanthropic fundraising undertaken in the name of and on behalf of the University, –
- Standardising and maintaining good relationships through donor acknowledgement, recognition, engagement, and stewardship of and impact reporting on donor funds; –
- Giving advice and providing direction for fundraising planning and inter-faculty cooperation to ensure consistency in fundraising standards, efforts and communication across the university.
- This coordination is vital to the reputation of SU;
- Providing relevant fundraising training to the stakeholders engaged in fundraising in the name of the University or on behalf of the University.